All the recent rain has made me crave grilled cheese and tomato soup. I put an adult spin on this kid classic and added some delicious ingredients. You can make grilled cheese with several variations. I love to add tomato and meat to mine. My advice is to add your favorite sandwich toppings and sauces then fry the sandwich in a pan flipping each side. I’ve also seen people use a waffle maker. I opted for our new Panini press from Crate and Barrel!
Grill Cheese Sandwich
Sourdough bread or your favorite sliced bread
Horseradish cheddar (deli counter of Safeway) or your favorite cheese
Sliced turkey or favorite meat
Sliced Pepperoncini peppers
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Mustard (Safeway)
2 to 4 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. Garlic
Favorite tomato soup, my favorites are Progressive tomato basil and Trader Joes Tomato soup.
1) Melt butter and add garlic, set this combination aside.
2) Heat a medium size saucepan and heat on medium/low pour tomato soup and stir frequently.
3) Heat a medium size skillet, your waffle maker or Panini press set to medium.
4) Take to slices of bread and spread the mayo and mustard evenly on both slices.
5) On one slice start to layer the toppings I typically start with turkey, next cheese then topped with tomato.
6) Sprinkle a pinch of salt & pepper on top of the tomato half.
7) Next, fork out a few pepperoncini peppers and place on the other half of bread that has the mayo and mustard. Put this half on top of your turkey, cheese, and the tomato half.
8) Take the sandwich and slather the butter garlic combination on both sides of the top layer of the bread.
9) Set one side of the buttered bread in the skillet to let it grill for a minute or so and check the bread with a spatula to see when the toast gets golden brown.
10) When one side is brown flip it over and get the other side brown.
11) Plate your grill cheese and slice your sandwich in half. Add your soup to a bowl and garnish with parmesan cheese and croutons.
Ryan and I received our plate/bowl combo platters as Christmas presents. These bad boys have come in pretty handy. We use it anytime we eat a liquid side dish. Hope everyone enjoys their rainy weekend and catches up on their favorite Netflix shows. We are venturing to Fresno for some much-needed family time. Until next time!
Tin & Twine
Shannon McAlister | Educator, wifey and conscious mama who is practicing mindful living + appreciating the everyday magic!
All Astrology Conscious Parenting Events Archived Generators Human Design Human Design Centers Manifesting Generators Manifestors Mindfulness My Story Rebel Soul Stories Recipes Reflectors Self Discovery Self-Discovery